July 9, 2008

God's Working on You

Little Jason was playing on the floor while his mother sitting, on a chair was busy doing some embroidery. Watching her in curiosity, he asked her what she was doing. She told him that she was embroidering.

He told her that it looked like a mess from where he was. He watched her work within the boundaries of the little round hoop that she held in her hand, he complained to her that it sure looked messy from where he sat. She smiled at him and told him, “My son, you go about your playing and when I am finished with my embroidering, I will put you on my knee and let you see it from my side.”

While playing, the little boy wondered why she was using dark threads along with the bright ones and why they seemed so jumbled to him. After sometime he heard his mother’s voice saying, “Son, come sit on my knee.” His mother sat him on her knee and the little boy was simply thrilled to see beautiful flowers that his mother had done. He could not believe it, because from underneath it looked so messy.

Then his mother explained to him, “My son, from the other side it did look messy and jumbled, but you did not realize that there was a pre-drawn plan on the top. It was a design. I was only following it. Now look at it from my side and you will see what I was doing.”

Friend, when you go through trials and pain in life, you may think like little Jason that your life is a mess. You may wonder why the Father is allowing such things to happen in your life. But remember the Father is working on you to make you a blessing to the world. You will be thrilled when the Father shows you the plan that He's been working on you and you will not cease thanking Him all your life.

Taken from Jesus Calls website

1 comment:

Zeon said...

Excerpts from Jesus calls... Hmm... We don't tell these stories even to Kinder gardeners dude... Is there any big guy stories in stock?

Google