November 28, 2008

Little things

After Sept. 11th , one company invited the remaining members of other companies who had been decimated by the attack on the Twin Towers to share ! their available office space.

At a morning meeting, the head of security told stories of why these people were alive... and all the stories were just:

The ' L I T T L E ' things.

As you might know, the head of the company survived
that day because his son started kindergarten.

Another fellow was alive because it was
his turn to bring donuts.

One woman was late because her
alarm clock didn't go off in time.

One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
because of an auto accident.

One of them
missed his bus.

One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
time to change.

One's car wouldn't start.

One went back to
answer the telephone .

One had a
child that dawdled
and didn't get ready as soon as he should have.

One couldn't get a taxi.

The one that struck me was the man
who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
took the various means to get to work
but before he ! got there, he developed
a blister on his foot.
He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid.
That is why he is alive today.

Now when I am
stuck in traffic ,
miss an elevator,
turn back to answer a ringing telephone ...
all the little things that annoy me.
I think to myself,
this is exactly where
God wants me to be
at this very moment..

Next time your morning seems to be
going wrong ,
the children are slow getting dressed,
you can't seem to find the car keys,
you hit every traffic light,
don't get mad or frustrated;

God is at work watching over you!


Received this from a friend by email.

4 comments:

ContentXn Network said...

Hi Mr Santhosh,

I invite you and all bloggers to join contentxn.com as publishers.

http://www.contentxn.com/contentxn/pub_register.php

We look forward to working with you.

Navneet,
www.contentxn.com

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Hi Jacinth
I came by your blog via Indiblogger and was so happy I did. Can't believe you have the verse from Jeremiah posted here - it means the world to me!

Warm regards

Corinne

Unknown said...

You comments have always been the words of inspiration for us.Please keep reading and commenting on my BLOG
http://jugaadworld.blogspot.comThank you
JUGAADU(Owner)

Zoya Anna Thomas said...

I chanced upon your blog and found it very informative. The event blogs are striking enough to have a feel of the event, so, I would like to have a little chit-chat on your blogging interests. And even we are coming up with an event on startups on June 6th. So, can I have your contact details? Looking forward to hearing from you. Contact me at zoya@siliconindia.com

Google